Knowing what to expect before your vinyl installation can help make the process run more smoothly. Here are a few things that should happen prior to your vinyl installation:
- A member of our team will walk you through the entire installation process before the big day. They will answer any questions that you have and discuss goals, timetables, and so on.
- Before installation day, you should remove furniture from the rooms where the installation is to take place.
- You should also have a plan for your subflooring and any installation-related waste that might need to be disposed of during the days ahead.
- Make sure that no children or pets will be present on installation day for their safety and that of your crew.
During & After Installation
- On installation day, your crew will walk you through the entire process before getting started.
- Depending on whether you're opting for LVT (luxury vinyl tile) or LVP (luxury vinyl plank), your installation method may vary.
- For both LVT and LVP, there is a floating, click-and-lock installation method that is done without adhesives and can sometimes be done over your existing flooring and a glue-down installation method.
- The crew will begin by laying the first row of planks/tiles before moving on to the second row, and so on and so forth.
Once finished, your crew will complete a walk-through with you, and you can ask any questions that you might have.
- In the coming days, you may want to run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- From there, you are free to enjoy your new vinyl flooring.