Before Tile Installation
Knowing what to expect before your tile installation can help make for a more seamless process. Here are a few pre-installation steps or items to consider:
- A member of our team will walk you through the entire installation process before the big day. They will answer any questions that you have and discuss goals, timetables, and so on.
- Before installation day, you should remove furniture from the rooms where the installation is to take place.
- You should also have a plan for your subflooring and any installation-related waste that might need to be disposed of during the days ahead.
- Make sure that no children or pets will be present on installation day for their safety and that of your crew.
During & After Installation
- On installation day, your crew will walk you through the entire process before getting started.
- The tile installation process will vary depending, but here is an overview of what will take place: your crew will mix the mortar and apply it to the floor using a trowel; they will then lay the towel down on the mortar, ensuring there is cohesion between the two.
- From there, the team will use spacers to ensure the proper placement of the individual tiles, finishing with the edges of your floors.
- Once finished, your crew will complete a walk-through with you, and you can ask any questions that you might have.
- In the coming days, you may want to run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- From there, you are free to enjoy your tile floors.